Our school meals follow a healthy-eating policy.
Our meals are produced freshly every day in a school kitchen from only:
- fresh meat and poultry sourced from the region;
- fruit and vegetables sourced regionally where possible using local suppliers;
- products free from additives associated with health problems in young children;
- fats free from hydrogenated oils; with
- menus that are nutritionally balanced
From September 2014 key stage one children (reception, years 1 and 2) are entitled to a free school meal.
In our schools our meals;
- have a three-menu cycle, allowing children to become familiar with the food served;
- are changed every term to reflect the seasons; and
- are written in consultation with pupils and cooks.
For all children wishing to have a school dinner instead of a packed lunch, the school office requires two weeks written notice before the change can be made.
We would prefer that all school dinner payments be made through ParentPay. If this is unsuitable, then please pay by cheque rather than cash.