Home Page
School Blog


Admissions Information

Admission to either Trinity Academy Eppleby Forcett or Trinity Academy Middleton Tyas is open to all children from the academic year that the child turns 5 up until the end of the academic year that the child turns 11, regardless of ability, faith, race or gender.

The usual catchment are of our schools are as follows;


  • Eppleby Forcett - Eppleby, Forcett, Caldwell, Cleasby, Manfield and Cliffe.
  • Middleton Tyas - Middleton Tyas, Aldbrough St John, Stanwick St John, Carlton, Moulton, Gatherley, Halnaby and Scotch Corner.


Applications are also welcome from outside this area, and may be agreed, dependant upon places being available.  We actively encourage visits to the schools, prior to application, and these can be arranged with either school office.


Admission Forms

All admissions need to be completed electronically, if you have never used the service before you will need to create a new account.

Please click on the link below to apply for primary school place in September.

Apply to Start Primary School in September


First Admission to School

Children who have their 5th birthday between 1st September and 31st August, are admitted into school in the September of that academic year into Reception.  Our Reception class is taught at Eppleby Forcett and our Y1-Y6 children are taught at Middleton Tyas, they are all taught in single year group classes. 

New starters attend school full-time but if you feel that this will be too much for your child, we can arrange for them to attend mornings only. 


Procedure for First Admission

Parents wishing to enrol their son/daughter for the first admission to either of these schools are requested to contact the Executive Headteacher or the School Administrator at either setting, well in advance of the child's expected entry to school.  We will take a note of your contact details, child's details (including date of birth) and arrange for you to visit our schools.  This will mean that we can send you all the relevant details and forms concerning school admissions, this will not prevent you from changing your mind about admission.

In the September / October prior to admission the following September, the school will send out the enrollment details provided by Northallerton Area Education Office to parents who have registered an interest with our school. You can also contact the Local Authority direct on 01609 533679 or find details at The deadline for the receipt of applications to the Local Authority for the following school year is mid January.  The Local Authority will write to parents/carers giving confirmation of the school place allocated in mid April.  Our schools will receive a list of our new entrants at the same time and we will subsequently write to parents to advise of the transition arrangements for getting ready to start school.


Starting School

Every year we invite our new starters to a series of stay and play sessions at our Eppleby Forcett Setting, these are a mix of mornings, afternoons and lunches.  The aim is to help make the transition into school a smooth one, hopefully allaying any fears they may have.  Our Reception teacher visits the various preschools and nurseries to meet with the new starters and they in turn are invited to visit our setting.  We also hold a parents information evening which enables us to welcome you to our Federation and we give you all the information you will need in relation to your child starting school in the September.  Our uniform supplier will be on hand with examples of sizing for our school uniform.  We pride ourselves on ensuring your child's first experience of school is a happy, comfortable and safe one.

We encourage all parents to share with us, anything that you think will help assist us in making this a seamless transition for your child.


Admissions for Children Transferring from another School

If you have a need to change your child's school and would like to transfer them mid-year, please contact either school office to arrange a visit.  Once you have made your decision to transfer you must contact the Local Authority and fill in the relevant forms.  No transfer can take place until this has happened.


To apply for a place mid-year, please click on the following link;

Mid-Year Application